Monday, February 13, 2006

Who We Are

Welcome, everyone! We are so glad you joined us. I thought I should give you a little background on who we are so our rantings make a little more sense.

Jersey and I are an odd pair, to say the least. We met in our junior year of college. Jersey had spent the first semester of that year studying abroad, and I (as a measly transfer student) had spent it with a horrible roomate given to me graciously by the resident housing people. (And yes, we lived on campus. We went to Wake Forest University, a small liberal arts school where the vast majority of students live on campus all 4 years, or at least 3.) Anyway, I transferred to WFU and affiliated with our sorority. The "sisters" set Jersey and I up to live together, since we were both having a tough time figuring out where we'd be, and who with. Suffice it to say that when we first met, I think we were both scared to death. Two people couldn't BE any more different on paper.

Jersey is, as her name suggests, from New Jersey. Northern New Jersey. Her parents are from Brooklyn. I still, to this day, cannot understand her Father almost at all...her Mother: sometimes. She is a 2nd generation American. Her morals, drive and work ethic show it big time. She is Irish Catholic, the first one I'd ever really known. She spent her youth in all-girls private Catholic schools. She is tall and brunette.

I am shorter and blonde. I am from North Carolina. When I moved to DC after college (with Jersey, of course) I lived farther north than anyone on either side of my family ever has, since we came to America (hundreds of years ago). My ethnicity: Southern. Like most Southerners, I am a mix (Irish, Welsch, English, Scottish, French, American Indian) and do not identify myself as anything but Southern American. I am, like most Southerners, Protestant. (Presbyterian). I had only met one Catholic person in my entire life before I met Jersey.

But we hit it off! We had an amazing time learning from our differences and realizing how similar we actually are. We spent 2 years living together in DC before we headed off to law school...Jersey stayed in the DC area and I migrated to the deep South.

Now we are living in two different cities, both in our first year of post-law school employment. Like always, we have very different lives but still find ourselves having so much in common. Stick around...we always have something crazy going on!

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you two ladies good luck with the blog. Seeing as I know one of you, I'll have to check often to read about the shenanigans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home