Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A watched phone...

never rings. Or something. For example, when you are waiting for a boy to call you and you check your phone obsessively and sometimes you call it to make sure it is still receiving calls and then when you do call it and hear it ring, you forget you are the one calling it, and get excited but then you remember and the realization that yes, your phone works, but no, it was not Him calling is just too much to bear? Or I am alone on this one? Well, you can all deny it but everyone sits on the edge of their seat waiting for that phone to ring with good news. Maybe a job offer? Yep, currently staring at my phone and barely doing any work and waiting for the damn thing to ring. My optimism is wearing off and in its place, rapidly rising despair at having to keep looking for jobs. I applied to other two firms in an attempt to trick the place I really want to work at to hire me. You know, how you desperately want one guy to call, so you go out and try and meet another one who does actually call, but then you don't really like him and are really still waiting for the first one to call? Okay, only me again? Sheesh.


Really, between waiting for the phone to ring and mourning the loss of Curtis, this day is a bit much. I did contribute somewhat to the good of the country when I mailed a guy a copy of his divorce decree that was entered. This was a guy whose girlfriend used to call the courthouse and ask for a case update. I had told him over the phone that the order was entered but his girlfriend was in the back saying "I want to see the paper!"

I should be offering to help other law clerks but after being here most of the weekend, I think I will just leave at 5:00 p.m. today. For the first time in a VERY long time.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home