Sunday, January 14, 2007

Seriously

Who gets home from one baby shower only to sort her mail and find an invitation to yet another baby shower?

Maybe it is because I give great gifts. In Saturday's case, a basket full of crib bedding and a stuffed pink lamb. All tied up together with a huge white bow. Clearly the best looking gift received by the mother to be.

Note to self: start giving crappy gifts. Maybe this will cut down on the weddings/showers/parties to which I am invited.

No news yet on the job front. I did email the recruiting coordinator and asked her if she thought I would need to come in and meet with Mr. BigWig since he was sick. She responded almost immediately saying that the partner I met with last time did not think it was necessary for me to meet Mr. BigWig before they made a final decision. And that she hoped to let me know something soon. That sounds pretty positive, right? I know the partners had a big weekend retreat thing this weekend so I didn't expect to hear last week. But, I sure would like to hear this week.

I went to dinner last night with two friends I used to work with in the pre-law school days. V asked me how the love life was progressing and I rolled my eyes and said how it was rather hard to meet guys. She said she was friends with an attractive, single, and tall guy if I was interested in meeting him. She warned me that she had tried to set him up with girls before but he was rather awkward and it hadn't worked out. Across the table from V and myself was my good friend, D, who is the one I called after the values debacle last year. He is intimately familiar with my dating woes. I was mulling over "tall" and "attractive" and "really awkward" when before I could respond, D broke my train of thought by stating rather emphatically to V, "Set it up." He said exactly what I was thinking "Tall and awkward is perfect for Jersey. I mean, Seriously. Just set it up."

The mojito-induced side of me started to get insulted but then I just sat back against the booth, smiled at D, and said "Yep, tall and awkward sounds pretty perfect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home