Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Eve was...

Pretty uneventful. I made a delicious four course meal for some friends, threw back a good number of Jack and cokes, and was clearly the best dressed girl at the entire bar. Ok, maybe not BEST, but women at the bar actually went out of their way to compliment on my skirt. I looked…well, I looked good. In my opinion. Classy gold skirt, cream sweater with gold sequins and gold heels. Very festive.

Apart from my fascination with my outfit, I don’t have much else to report. I was out with two co-workers, one of whom met a very nice boy that she is going out with this week. Which actually worked out great for all of us because we needed the protection. I am a nice girl and if a boy really wants to talk to me, I am never rude or dismissive. I’ve never dropped a fake boyfriend into a conversation. My exit strategy involves a trip to the bar. I know how hard it is to approach someone at a bar and really don’t like to discourage bold moves. But last night my patience was exhausted. Shortly after we arrived at the bar, one of my friends, Colorado, started talking to a guy. His friends, noticing how well his friend was being received, saw the opening and ran with it. Unfortunately, one of the friends was an inappropriate toucher and the other was about five foot three. We were polite and tried to subtly engage in conversation among the two of us to discourage them. We were drunk at this point so I use the term “subtly” lightly. But one of the guys, Argyle Sweater Guy, would just not get the hint. It was awful. We ran into some boys we knew and convinced them to stand around us as a protective shield. But ASG would just not get the hint. He stood patiently outside the human shield and waited. For what, I am not sure. He would not budge. His friends, having long ago recognized that it was not meant to be, kept coming back to try and pull him away. At midnight, we all clinked glasses and out of the corner of my eye, I observed ASG. He had his glass in the air but was toasting no one. A New Year’s Eve kiss may have eluded me but I was with friends and felt extremely lucky to have another glass to clink.

I think my New Year’s resolution should be to accept the fact that I am a single girl, instead of wishing so desperately to NOT be single.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home