Monday, November 27, 2006

Bad Mood

I am in a bad mood. In no particular order, the reasons for my bad mood are as follows:

1) My docket for Friday SUCKS. As in is the worst one I've ever had. My judge has already told me to "pack a lunch" because it is going to be "one heck of a Friday!" The weird part was he sounded giddy about it.

2) Next week we have an all law clerk meeting where I was told by my judge we will be getting into trouble.

3) My judge griped at me for not flagging a privacy addendum. Out of 85 orders to sign, I missed one. Sheesh.

4) Remember my good friend Charlotte? Who fell hard and fast for a supposedly fabulous guy? Just last week, he played the "I am not ready for this, It is not you, it's me, I just can't committ" card, effectively breaking her heart and potentially disrupting her career, because the two work in a ten person office. Bastard.

4) My eye infection is back. And more painful than ever. I received the all clear to wear my contacts, but my eyes revolted and I am back to the four eye look.

5) I am not looking forward to a holiday season by my lonesome. And have absolutely no prospects.

6) Speaking of prospects, I just spoke with a former classmate of mine about a job prospect that is no longer as promising as originally hoped.

7) Conversation I had with my mother over Thanksgiving:

Mom while frowning disapprovingly at the ends of my hair: "Oh, looks like you need a haircut! Do you want to get one while you are home?"
Me: "Just got one two days ago."
Mom, stammering slightly: "Oops! Well, it looks GREAT!"

8) It has been almost a year since TH dumped me and my stomach still flipped 85 times this morning when I drove by his house. Calm down, it is on my way to work.

9) I had to go to four separate windows at the Arlington County Offices this morning to receive a decal to prove I paid my car taxes. Apparently, one person verifies that you paid the money, another person charges you $10 for the lost decal, a third person takes your $10, and finally, someone gives you a new decal.

10) I am broke. And right around the holidays. How I am supposed to engage in retail therapy when I have no funds?

All of the above are slightly, but not really, balanced out by Wake Forest's victory over Maryland on Saturday night. ACC Championship Game, here we come!!

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

11) My former co-workers keep calling and emailing me with inane procedural questions when I really have much better things to do with my time.

Keep your chin up Jersey - you're a great gal and a real smartie pants, I have no doubt that you will rock the docket and find a way to enjoy the holidays, with or without retail therapy. Or, you can always throw yourself at the mercy of the court if you get caught shop-lifting ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home