Saturday, October 28, 2006

Numbers

Some numbers running through my head...


33 - the number of years my parents have been married as of yesterday.

0 - the number of surprise birthday parties I was invited to this weekend, despite the fact that one is being thrown for a very good friend.

48 - the numbers of hours I worked upon leaving work Thursday evening.

2 - the number of sweaters I bought at Banana Republic upon leaving work Thursday evening to make myself feel better. Hey, I left the store with 3 and am returning one. Things could have been much worse.

2 again - the number of pieces of apple pie I had for dinner upon leaving the mall on Thursday night.

3 - the number of cases my judge took under advisement from Friday's docket. "Under advisement" are two dreaded words in the life of a law clerk. Taking something under advisement means more work for me.

3.5 - the number of hours I spent in Urgent Care this afternoon. My eyes are nasty and red and itchy and apparently, infected. But, if I use the antibiotic drops, I can't wear my contacts. And my glasses are about 5 years old, which means the prescription falls woefully short of what I need. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 - the number of coworkers that hit you up for favors while you were apparently in the midst of a medical emergency (sorry about that)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home