Monday, October 16, 2006

This will be quick....

because I got absolutely dumped on at work today, and there is no end in sight.

But my least favorite co worker got in trouble today. Let's call her Lulu. Lulu, in a word, bugs. She sends out all courthouse wide emails expecting people to drop everything to help her, and making the rest of us look lazy in the process. She moans about how she doesn't feel well in an attempt to get out of doing work. She allows her b**bs to make appearances at work, and I think we can all agree, this should not happen. She laughs at the rest of us who work late as she skips out the door every day at 5 p.m., never asking anyone if they need help, because you know, that might interfere with her social life that involves her going out and practicing shooting a gun at 3 a.m. on some abandoned property out west in Virginia.

So, that's the back story of Lulu. I don't think it quite conveys how much she sucketh, but maybe a little bit.

Well, there were big happenings in the courthouse today. A first degree murder in one courtroom, and a wrongful birth case in another courtroom. Many law clerks spent the day watching the courtroom dramas unfold. Lulu entered the courtroom to hear some of the arguments in the wrongful birth case. The courtroom deputy, who are all really nice, but not the people you want to piss off, came over to her and in front of the ENTIRE courtroom, motioned for her to take off her sunglasses. He actually went over to her and told her to take them off. They were on top of her head...this was at 3:00 pm, by the way. She hadn't been outside in hours, and it wasn't even that sunny today. I got an email from a fellow law clerk giving me this little tidbit and I just thought of how embarrassed she must have felt. I felt badly. And then I remembered how she swiftly and without hesitation has thrown me and my co-workers under a rapidly moving bus, while she stood smiling on the side of the road. So that whole feeling badly thing didn't last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home