Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Obviously

I love Guster. He loves Guster. I knew he would be there. I was just hoping in a crowd of 500 people, I wouldn't actually see him. Oh, who was I kidding. As I sat there alone in the scorching heat, sweating profusely, waiting while my friends fought the Northern Virginia traffic, and lacking any sort of substance to calm my frantic nerves, he was destined to walk right by me. With her.

It has been almost eight months. That is a long time. I have a new job. I love said new job. I have wonderful friends. I have a wonderful family that just took me on a wonderful vacation. Yes, that was three wonderfuls in just two sentences. I go out and meet new boys. I am, as declared by the Librarian, a *honey trap* that attracts men.

But, one nagging problem remains. I can't go to the grocery store without first scanning the parking lot for his car. I can't go to a huge outdoor concert without his red hair catching my eye. I can't run my usual route without passing his house.

And people really wonder why I am thinking of leaving this tiny town of DC.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE STINKS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home