Monday, May 29, 2006

Debauchery for some

I think I may be in over my head. I have returned from some of the most ridiculous three days of partying I have ever witnessed. To be honest, my performance was…well, compared to everyone else, I was downright lame. I was the first to bed every night, didn’t start drinking until 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, and was discovered nestled on my air mattress last night at 10:00 pm reading my book. I was also the only house member who didn’t make it for a mimosa or Bloody Mary Sunday morning – instead, I found a great place that makes delicious wraps and smoothies. I did break my rule for the weekend and did a shot on Friday night. I also ate five pieces of pizza in approximately 24 hours. Seriously good pizza. But a funny thing happened to me that frankly has never happened before. Normally, when confronted with the wonder that is free flowing Miller Lite and drinking games, I don’t shy away. I have always managed to silence that nagging voice urging me to keep things under control. This time was different though. I just couldn’t muster up the energy to fully participate in the debauchery. I turned down offers of Red Bull and Vodka, of *specialty shots*, of invitations to dance (and I use the word “dance” loosely – those providing the invitations really just wanted to grab me inappropriately). I was a shameful shadow of my former party girl self. I was just so overwhelmed by the ridiculousness of it all. I honestly don’t consider myself a *judger* - but if you think that a set of stairs or a fireplace are actually appropriate places to use the bathroom…well, frankly that type of behavior warrants a tad bit of judgment, don’t you think? I think that was the most ridiculous thing that happened. That same guy managed to make out with three different girls in the house. I just don’t see the appeal.

I wonder if my attitude will be the same when I return in a few weeks. I was slightly taken aback by my reticence around strangers. I don’t consider myself truly uptight. But I was a more reserved version of myself this past weekend. A function of my age perhaps? I was by no means the oldest house member. The scene just seemed to not sit well with me. I sunk an awful lot of money into this adventure though so I will be heading back soon. At least it provides good blogging.

But for now, I am going to whip up some tacos and return to the couch for some more Band of Brothers. I really have simple tastes.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you try to pick the weekends that the serial pisser doesn't go. :)

At least there's shopping near by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home