Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yikes!

I am not sure what I got myself into for this summer. I decided since I don't have that many weddings (only 4 as opposed to last year's 8) that I should make fun plans that don't involve running into TH at the two outdoor bars in our neighborhood. So....drumroll, please! I got a share at a house at the beach. Dewey Beach, to be precise. Apparently, it is crazy. The housemates play a**hole (I know I can curse on my own blog, but I like the way the asterisks look) before going out, happy hour starts at 4 pm (at the latest), with a power hour followed shortly after. I foresee a few problems - I haven't done a power hour since college and I am only capable of doing a power hour if there is a power hour tape (yes, I said tape. I guess now people have power hour CDs. Or a power hour MP3 type device. I am not up on the latest technology). For some reason, hearing a song for 60 seconds helps me consume beer quickly. Also, I haven't funneled a beer since Pledge Night my sophomore year of college. I have a small stomach and it fills up rather quickly. Slow and steady drinking wins the race, I say.

The other problem involves the game of a**hole. I have no problem with it as a game, but I never remember the rules. I have played 85 million times in my life but am ALWAYS that girl who at the beginning of the game says "How do you play again?" I am nervous my ineptness, which I find endearing, may just piss some people off. I am planning on showing up with brownies to win everyone over. I am hoping my impressive culinary talents will cause everyone to overlook my poor drinking skills. Sure, it is fun to stay up late and funnel beers but won't it be nice to wake up to a housemate who made French Toast?

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger BlueEyedGirl said...

I have never rented a house in Dewey, but have been there enough (read: 1 time suffices) to know this: as long as you drink enough rules matter not at all. That being said, brownies and french toast are never a bad thing. Enjoy the spectacle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home