Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I should know better

I really should. Good things do not happen to me when I wander over to Whole Foods, feeling slightly down about the state of my affairs, and all I want to do is get in and out of the store without seeing anyone. Since I am sick, I was bundled up probably more than was required for a walk to Whole Foods, but since I was sick, I could give a shit. I just wanted a frozen pizza and some fruit for breakfast. And maybe something healthy to bring for lunch today. Simple enough, right?

But, no. This is WHOLE FOODS. The evil Whole Foods where I first found out TH had a new girlfriend. The Whole Foods where I once ran into a display of some packaged organic snack and sent it flying. This Whole Foods has not been good to me, but I continue to return. Last night, sporting way too many clothes and an unflattering ponytail, I ran into a boy I met a few weeks ago. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, I had been expecting (or at least hoping) to hear from him. The fact that I hadn't by 9:30 last night was one of the reasons my steps were not so springy on my way to Whole Foods. And there he is, all tall and dorky, at the deli counter. Too sick and tired for bull, I walk over to say hello and he greets me with a look of mild shock and a casual "I was going to call you on my way home."

Sure you were, buddy. Sure you were.

So, yeah, no more Whole Foods for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home