Thursday, March 15, 2007

Intern Incompetence

Remember this guy? Not the good Intern, the annoying Intern, Cabana Boy. Today, I brought him a box of files. Judge wanted some things copied out of the box and I thought to myself, "This project has Cabana Boy written all over it." I had flagged with post-it notes which briefs Judge wanted copied. I gave the box to Cabana Boy and told him to have at it. I could tell he thought this project slightly beneath him, but I ignored the attitude and left.

About an hour later, I saw him in the hallway. I asked for an update and he said he had brought the box back to Judge and put the copies on top of the box. He then headed out for the day as I had no more work for him to do.

I went back to Judge's chambers to check the copies. Turns out, he copied them two-sided (which is very environmentally friendly, so I support it, but two-sided copies are a preference type thing and something Judge doesn't actually prefer) and he missed pages. I looked back at the box and realized he had also removed the post-its I had used to flag the documents, so I was going to have to go back through the entire box, pull apart the files, and re-copy the documents properly. To not copy check - to me, that's just sloppy. Am I being too harsh?

And I thought interns were supposed to make my life easier. Sigh. I am officially blowing off the rest of the day to watch basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home