Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Spare the Child

Once a month, the Courthouse shows a movie. It is called "Spare the Child". All parents in the process of obtaining a divorce from the Court are required to attend a showing of this movie. The movie emphasizes the impact that divorce can have on children and reminds couples who are going through a divorce to put the needs of their children first. Apparently, it is quite a moving experience - one couple actually reunited after hearing a girl's tearful recollection of her divorced parents putting aside their differences to attend her wedding.

I was in my usual running around the courthouse frantically mode this morning when an attractive guy stopped me outside of chambers.

"Um, do you know where I am supposed to see this video...um, it is called "Spare the Child"?"

I blushed immediately and pointed him towards the appropriate courtroom. I then retreated back to my office and called a co-worker to report this new development:

"I am now contemplating hitting on guys who come watch the "Spare the Child" video."

"Well, at least you know they care about their kids", she offered hopefully.

I pondered this for a moment and then retorted, "Or they are at least smart enough to obey a court order."

I have officially added "law abiding" to my list of desired traits in a guy.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger A. Marigold said...

Isn't it funny that's always been on my list? Not like I've ever dated anyone who wasn't to make me think of it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home