Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Missing

I have to report something missing. I seem to have lost my Muse. My writer’s compass, if you will. That part of my brain that looks around at the world and thinks of witty commentary to post and feels a sense of relief from getting my thoughts onto paper. That part of my brain that causes my fingers to fly across my keyboard and gets an adrenaline rush when my fingers struggle to keep up with my brain. That part of my brain appears to have shut down. Perhaps it is still recovering from The Plague that kept me out of commission for the past week or so. Or maybe the Muse is cowering slightly at the tremendous amount of work that surrounds me in my tiny office. So many files, I swear they might very well be multiplying. I have about five To-do lists going at once and I am about to add “Consolidate To-do lists” to one of them. But I can’t decide which one. Perhaps the Muse is cold as my apartment was without heat for a good portion of the weekend.

So, perhaps the Muse is tired or cranky or overwhelmed or simply uninspired. The last week or so has been pretty uneventful. Valentine’s Day came and went without much fanfare, unless you count the ice storm that forced the courts to close. Rather than sit in on Roommate’s romantic dinner with her boyfriend, I trudged through the snow to play poker with Red and eat King Cake. I then spent most of this past weekend helping Sister move into her new condo. I received a clean bill of health from my eye doctor today and promptly discovered that I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to my eyebrows during the glasses phase. That should be added to one of my To-do lists. Tomorrow starts Lent and I have resolved to give up shopping. No clothes, no purses, no shoes, no belts, no accessories of any kind will be purchased for the next 40 days.

So, that’s the update. Keep a lookout for my Muse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home