Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Update, as requested

As requested by Mrs. DW, this is to let all interested parties know that my second date with the SK on Friday night went well. Extremely well.

But, then I spent the rest of the weekend freaking out about the whole thing.

Because I hate this beginning stage of dating. Yes, it is fun and exciting and all those of you who have been coupled off for awhile miss the novelty associated with the first few dates.

But remember when you were in that beginning stage? When you were the one wondering if he would call? If you said something stupid? If he noticed that you just spit out a tiny piece of your fish while talking?

These worries plagued all day on Sunday when I didn’t hear from him. I tried to reassure myself that the date had gone well, that my anxieties were all in my head, and that I would eventually hear from him. That he was probably working as he had warned me was the extent of his plan for the rest of the weekend.

And I did hear from him. Last night. He had worked 12 hour days on Saturday and Sunday and logged another 13 hours on Monday. He said he couldn’t plan anything right now because the week was so up in the air. And as I sit here, still at work, suffering through the heat and plowing through a trial transcript, with no plans to leave anytime soon, I understand the inability to make plans.

So, I again reassure myself that these anxieties are all in my head, and that he will call again, like he said he would, when he could make a plan to see me.

But, seriously. The beginning with all its newness? And excitement? Is a little much for a girl to take at times.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Clink said...

Oh Jersey, I remember those first days of dating. In fact, sometimes I even read my journals from that time period and marvel at what an anxiety-ridden freak I was. The butterflies = good. Everything else (freaking out, etc) = not so good.

But I'm glad that things are going well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home