Thursday, May 17, 2007

Conversation with Confrontation

I was griping about my need to have a difficult conversation with someone and how much I hate difficult conversations and even though I am an attorney and thrive on legal confrontation, I like to live a peaceful, non-confrontational existence outside of work but why does everyone make that goal so ha-ard [that's me, champion whiner with my ability to turn a simple one syllable word into two] to realize? And she sends me this:

I want you to meet someone. Here is your introduction:

J: Hi, my name is Jersey.


C: Hi Jersey, my name is confrontation.

J: Oh no, I don't like confrontation.

J: Well that isn't very nice, and was somewhat confrontational to say to me. Sometimes I can actually be very helpful and cathartic, just give me a chance.

J: But what if someone gets hurt?

C: That is always a risk, but if you avoid me, you might end up hurting yourself.

J: Why Confrontation, that is a very good point. I will think about it and get back to you.

C: Okay, but don't wait too long, otherwise I'll track you down and confront you and accuse you of ignoring me, 'cuz that is what I do, I'm confrontation, and I don't take things lying down.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cheeky guy might encourage youto confront whoever it is that has you so worked up as long as (1) it is not me, and (2) you tell me all about it later, especially if it all goes wrong and results in months of drama - or better yet social awkwardness that I can toy with a various gatherings. Aren't you glad you know me? Just kidding, really, hope it all works out and isn't too serious an issue - but see 1 above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home