Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So, the Youngun...

…Is most certainly young. While we had a good time at dinner, not a fabulous, I am so completely blow away with our compatibility first date, but a good time, I am just not chomping at the bit to see him again.

[And yes, chomping at the bit is a horrible phrase and while I am rather annoyed that I couldn’t come up with something better, my writing confidence took a beating on Friday at the writing class I attended at Big Firm. This snooty, hoity-toity professor person lectured us for approximately three hours on the finer points of legal writing. And while I am willing to admit I learned something, I had some reservations as to whether I belonged in this fancy Big Firm conference room with its unlimited supply of coffee, a variety of soft drinks, and four types of sugar. I had to stop myself from walking out with a can of Coke for the walk to meet KS for lunch. Until September, I am banishing all doubts about my new job as there is simply nothing that can be done between now and then. I need to give it a shot – I will not be intimidated by spiral bound notebooks and Blackberries and the seemingly unlimited beverage supply.]


[As another aside, I just walked by the elevators, where a repairman is hard at work. He is standing with his back to the elevator, which is halfway opened and stuck between floors and is surveying the parts and tools in front of him. He notices me and calls out, “I am just so confused!” and then laughs a bit. Um, yeah. Officially avoiding the elevator on the right.]


[And final aside, this guy decided to park in front of my house last night. See, my street is just a few blocks from restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Oh and of course the quintessential yuppie gym. It is not unheard of for yuppies to park along my street rather than fork over $1.50 for a spot in the numerous parking garages. And yes, I find it incredibly ironic that a person can shop at Pottery Barn, Jos. A. Bank, and Williams Sonoma but cannot spare a few bucks for a parking garage. So, people park in my neighborhood. BUT I think there should be a prohibition against people who you went out with, had a lovely time with, and actually were chomping at the bit to see again from parking in front of your house. SK, there is most definitely a parking spot reserved for you in the incredibly affordable parking garage around the corner. So, please consider this a warning – the next time I come home to find your car taking advantage of my house’s prime location to neighborhood establishments…okay, I admit it. I can’t figure out an appropriate threat to end this sentence. I am certainly not going to damage his car, nor am I going to wait for him to return to his car and then confront him. I am neither violent nor confrontational. But I will be annoyed. Of course, that annoyance will not affect you in any way. But it will be your fault.]

I guess the brackets were unnecessary as really, the asides were the substance of the post.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger A. Marigold said...

Well, at least you had fun. And what's UP with SK? Did he just never call you back? Did he know that you lived right there?

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger jersey said...

Um, he most certainly knows I live there. He picked me up at my house a few times. The last communication I had was a phone call saying he would call when things calmed down at work. That was over a month ago. Obviously things calmed down enough for him to park outside my house! Argh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home