Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Without speech

DISCLAIMER: This post is not very well-written. From the title, you can probably guess that I am speechless. The speech I managed to string together in this post is barely coherent and most certainly not eloquent. But I am enraged. Outraged? Whatever – there are not enough words to describe how incredibly angry I am at the ridiculous workings of the Universe. Because frankly, this is all just a bit much.

Yes, I expressed frustration last week about the SK parking at my house. I chalked it up to coincidence and tried to let it go. But, of course, that wasn’t enough. I ran into him on Friday night. The conversation was incredibly awkward. He couldn’t look me in the eyes, mumbled something about my being Catholic, and our connection, while obvious, had been deemed not capable of longevity. Okay, fine. Not the nicest thing to say to a girl, but at least I could put it behind me. My feelings were rather hurt, mainly because in my opinion two dates is not a whole lot of time to invest in a connection before writing off its potential distance. He also mentioned something about having two friends on my street. And my being worthy of an explanation. [If the details of the conversation are rather vague, it is because the conversation took place around 1:15 a.m. and following the consumption of a good deal of alcohol. Hey, it was Friday. That’s how I roll on Fridays.]

Saturday morning, I pieced together what I could from the conversation and concluded, while it sucked, at least I could put this whole thing behind me. If it was indeed a religious difference, that’s fine. If he is just a jerk, then better to find that out now rather than six months down the road.

But this, my dear Universe, this IS THE LAST STRAW. The two people he knows on my street? The two guys who live below me. And so when I got home tonight, I saw his car again parked in front of my house. I rolled my eyes and decided to just let it go. Until I noticed three guys hanging out in my driveway. And, no I am not kidding you. He is hanging out in my driveway with my downstairs neighbors. My mouth drops open to the floor and I can barely contain myself. What are the odds?? What are the effing odds??? I mean, it is just too much of a coincidence. I walk into my apartment absolutely dumbfounded and Roommate and her Boyfriend proceed to find the whole thing hysterical. And it is. Because, really, who does this happen to?

Me, PEOPLE. Apparently it happens to me.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will join the universe in laughter at your situation - but at least I will not mock you as the Universe has chosen to do (or is this kinda mocking too). Oh well, thanks for taking one for the team, better you than me.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think laughing was the right reaction by roommate...sure you can't find a new residence somewhere, not on that street??

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger jersey said...

All the signs definitely seem to be pointing towards leaving this apartment!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure I understand the whole Catholic issue. Was it he didn't like your church or were there other philosophical differences?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home