Monday, March 20, 2006

Whew!

I may have survived four days of basketball but I can’t say the same for my bracket. This happens every year. I stop caring about my bracket and start cheering my heart out for the underdog. You gotta love the upsets! Yesterday, I was jumping up and down in my living room (I am sure my downstairs neighbor was thrilled) as my little law school that could, George Mason, knocked off the defending national champions, Carolina. Carolina completely underestimated GMU. Even during the game, the Carolina players never grasped what was happening. Rashawn Terry hits a big 3 pointer (mind you, the Heels are still losing) and stops to pose for the camera. Roy Williams practically hurled Terry across the half court line, as if the guy needed reminding that he should probably get back on defense. I laughed out loud. That kind of lackadaisical attitude doesn’t win championships. Maybe that is why there were so many upsets this year. The higher seeded teams just came to the tournament with more fire and hunger.

Ok, enough about basketball. Even though that is pretty much all I’ve thought about for the past four days. Friday morning, I did what every single girl loves to do. I went wedding dress shopping with my friend, MA. Now, I am not really complaining. The girl is a friend of mine from the sweatshop and no one was available to go with her. Wedding dress shopping isn’t really something one should do alone so I went with her. I actually think I am a borderline professional. I can discuss the different cuts, the waist options, the various types of fabric and I can bustle with the best of them. We went to a bridal store in Alexandria that I have actually been to three times before. The woman who was helping us actually recognized me from my last trip. She kept referring to me as “Sweet Jersey” throughout the whole experience. When we left, she gave me a hug and she tried to give me her card. Um, no thanks. I am not superstitious or anything but I am pretty sure that old saying about eggs and counting chickens would apply here.

And finally, update on my Lenten resolutions. I spent a fabulous day yesterday baking and cooking for the week. Having basketball on in the background definitely helped…I think I left my sauce on the stove for a little too long while watching Bradley eliminate Pittsburgh. Mental note: must find out where Bradley is before their next game. Wayne and I are working on repairing our friendship apart from TH so I will admit to spending some time worrying about how that would play out and overanalyzing the voicemail he left me on Saturday. He actually said that TH and I never should have dated and he knew all along this was going to happen. Well, thanks. If you weren’t willing to say that before, don’t say it now! It just makes me feel stupid. I encountered a slight hiccup last night during The Family Guy. TH hooked me on that show and last night’s song and dance routine berating the FCC had me in tears. I so want to email him and laugh about it with him. Don’t worry, I resisted which is why I am telling you guys instead. Love The Family Guy!!

Oops…one more thing. Belle is on a short hiatus taking care of Hubby who is recovering from back surgery. Get well soon, Hubby! She also got blog blocked at work so has been unable to post. We sure do miss her though. I will strive to keep you guys entertained in her absence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home