Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday musings

I woke up surprisingly refreshed for a Monday this morning. I think it was because I had a virtually alcohol free weekend. My mom came to visit my sister and me. Which meant yummy dinners out and new clothes. Love my mom!! So, I had fun. And I think my mom did as well. I think she would be happier if my sister and I were, as she puts it, *more settled*. Neither of us are married and while she is by no means hurrying us, her concern is palpable. My parents got married in their 30s so most of their friends have grandchildren already. Sigh. It is not as if I am turning away suitors just to spite my mother. This is also the same woman who rarely has positive things to say about the guys my sister and I date. She *loved* TH, though. When I didn’t receive a birthday present on my actual birthday, she told me that since TH had a demanding job and was also in school, I should be more understanding. &%*$ that. His birthday fell during prime bar exam studying time and I had his presents a week in advance and took the whole weekend off from studying to honor the day he graced the world with his presence. In the immortal words of Will Smith, sometimes parents just don’t understand.

Another of the weekend’s highlights was Book Club. This month’s selection: Pride and Prejudice. We dined on tea sandwiches and scones, while the BBC classic played in the background. Oh, that Mr. Darcy. Watching him *propose* to Elizabeth Bennett is truly touching with a degree of ridiculousness thrown in for good measure. He seems so angry at her because he fell in love with her - Dang you, Elizabeth Bennett! Your family is SO beneath mine but I just can’t get you out of my head so we must get married before I go insane. Ok, not his EXACT proposal but I think I capture the gist. Gotta love it.

Wake Forest basketball brought me some surprising joy this weekend - pulling off an upset of N.C. State. While this win does nothing for our season, I am glad that my fave, Justin Gray, went out with a win. He deserved it. Now if we can just run the table this weekend at the ACC tournament…..a girl can dream, right? Go Deacs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home